Norton Security Scan is a free software based tool that helps you scan your PC for viruses, vulnerabilities, malicious cookies and similar threats. As mentioned, this is a free tool that does not require any type of subscription nor one time payment.
Norton Security Scan just scans and detects problems that you can see in the final scan report. In order to fix problems found on your PC, you need to buy and install Norton Security. Users of the scan tool can purchase Norton Security at the exclusive discounted price.
Some facts about Norton Security Free Scan tool:
- A free scan tool.
- Works on PC computers only, Windows OS, Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 3 or later, up to Windows 10.
- Checks if any security software is installed on the computer.
- Gets latest updates before it scans a PC (requires Internet connection).
- Once installed and run manually for the first time, the tool later runs scheduled scans. Scheduled scans can be disabled.
- Norton Security Scan can be uninstalled as any other Windows software, via the Control Panel.