In order to uninstall (remove) your Norton software, below are the steps, depending on the operating system you use.
The easiest way to remove your Norton product from your Windows computer is by using the Windows Control Panel.
- Do one of the following:
- On the Windows Taskbar, click Start > Control Panel.
- In Windows 8, go to Apps, and under Windows System, click Control Panel.
- In Windows 10, click Start > All apps, and under Windows System, click Control Panel.
- In Windows Control Panel, do one of the following:
- In Windows XP, double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In Windows Vista, double-click Programs and Features.
- In Windows 7 and Window 8, click Programs > Programs and Features.
- The Programs option is available when you select the Category option in the View by drop-down list.
- In Windows 10, click Programs and Features.
- In the list of currently installed programs, do one of the following:
- In Windows XP, click your Norton product, and then click Change/Remove.
- In Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10, click your Norton product, and then click Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Your Norton product is not fully uninstalled until you restart your computer.
The other way is to use Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
Mac (7.x or later)
To uninstall Norton for Mac product, follow the next steps:
- In the Applications folder, double-click Norton product.
- On the menu bar, next to the Apple icon, click Norton Security, and then select Uninstall Norton product. You need to be in the Norton product window to get to the menu options.
- In the Uninstall Norton product confirmation window, click Uninstall.
- Type your administrator account name and password, and then click Install Helper.
- In the uninstaller window, click Restart Now.